Gotha date; RH

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
r/WorldofGotha
07-31-2018, 10:58 PM
r/WorldofGotha
Or something along those lines...

If you look at this https://www.reddit.com/r/createthisworld/, that should give you an idea of what I'm on about.

r/createthisworld is an example of a geoism project/game on Reddit where players can set up nations on a world map or otherwise add cultures, characters, creatures and extra bits to a collaborative world. It has it's theme and rules which players will have to keep to though for Gotha we may want more rigidity if we ever try something like this.

I thought this wouldn't be a bad idea to consider. Depending on the speed at which we cobble this together we could be starting a game based on Gotha within a couple of weeks and since it's summer I thought pretty much everyone would have some time to give.

Thoughts?
07-31-2018, 11:40 PM
RE: r/WorldofGotha
A game based on Gotha... you all know I'm very much interested in thickening the storylines we have. Is that a useful senario? Game activities would be based on existing nations, existing events, the established environment. Players could switch roles, like inactive nations. This way we not only thicken the fabric, but it would be easy to see who would fit in well in this steampunk style geofictional strategy thing. Hells, we could even RP large parts of the Pan-Anarian! Then people could adopt nations, or make new ones, and by the time we reach 7580 it's all brakes loose...

But I'd have to walk through r/createthisworld to see how this works...

VITTMARK:"This mess is a place." --- FISKS:"Fisk you!"
08-01-2018, 12:55 PM
Further to my comments on Facebook, this is an interesting idea that could potentially breathe new life into our project - a great suggestion TeamBattleaxe!

Having had a look at how the r/createthisworld runs its game, I can see a lot of potential in this sort of platform. The features would be a great way to get things started - we as existing players could even showcase existing work we have done, or more recent work, to build interest in our project.

The key to this, as Pep says, will be converting interesting parties into full time and committed Gothans, with either their own nation or an adopted nation. Also, RPing parts of the PAW would be excellent - it is a way for us to play around with ideas, test them out, see what works and get each other inspired.

We would, however, still need to combat the absenteeism of some major players. We seriously need to address the current blockage to the fundamental aim of the project - strategic geofiction. This, however, may be a way for us to at least play around with some ideas and test some concepts. I am excited to get some new geopolitical story lines going in Gotha!

08-01-2018, 06:19 PM
I like the idea of grading our canon on the project so that we have primary and secondary canon. Primary Canon gets to go on the wiki and is what is already there as well as the best and more harmonious bits of any subsequent role play season. Secondary canon on the other hand is held to more lax standards and could be published on the forums and on the subreddit. Basically it would be short-term, flowing story content to make live gameplay more engaging.

As for absentees, I think they want to show up here soon, as in before we take on anything else and clarify what their nations are going to be doing throughout this process. We want to know what Anat Tahan and the Bind are up to especially considering they're prominence.

Keija'nin Yotte! Ay! Ay! Ay!
08-01-2018, 07:07 PM
Sounds good to me on both counts. We would need to see others' imputs if this is to move forward. At the moment it is just the three of us discussing this.

For absentee nations, I would also add Helreich and Amberia to that list (although Ian is more available than other mostly absent players).