Gotha date; RH

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A Visitor
06-26-2019, 11:47 AM (This post was last modified: 07-02-2019 01:47 AM by Morbius.)
A Visitor
It was just after breakfast time the next morning that a smartly dressed man, bald with a bushy mustache and small wire-rim spectacles, stepped out of the Tavari and made his way up the steps to the front entrance. He carried a small black leather briefcase, and removed his hat as he approached the sentry at the door. With a relaxed smile, he nodded to the guardsman.

"Good day. I am Baron Carioli, Delegate General of the Dynast Sovereign. I understood that Her Excellency wished to see me?"
07-01-2019, 10:08 AM
RE: A Visitor
Carioli was led to Chancellor Av Lårsten's office where she usually received her guests. In an un-orkanan fashion, she abruptly ended the ongoing session and cleared the room. Only her own clerk, the secretary of the foreign department and his clerk remained in the room. The latter could also serve as translator, if needed.

"My Right Honorable Lord, thank you for replying to our request so swiftly," Frania av Lårsten greeted him. "The current Auresian activities in Darunia have taken us by surprise. We are certain that there are valid reasons for your operations, so we would appreciate it if His Right Honorable Lord would be able to elaborate on the events. But first, can I offer you some tea?"

Her clerk jumped up, ready to relay any order for a beverage or refreshment.

VITTMARK:"This mess is a place." --- FISKS:"Fisk you!"
07-01-2019, 07:29 PM (This post was last modified: 07-02-2019 01:57 AM by Morbius.)
Carioli made his way over to the offered chair and lowered himself into it with a smile, carefully setting his case down beside it and resting his hat on the small table at his side. He nodded to the clerk.

"A cup of tea would be splendid. No sugar or cream in it, please. Thank you so much."

The baron turned his regard back to Chancellor Av Lårsten. Those shrewd, observant eyes were a serene facet of that round face. He switched to the local language with practised skill.

"We do apologize for the shock you've no doubt received, chancellor. The circumstances behind our decision to action was somewhat obscured, I admit. But you have my firmest assurance on behalf of His Majesty, first and foremost, that it reflects in no way on the relationship between Auresia and Vittmark, or Curia policy towards your country."

Carioli paused to accept the cup of tea with a smile, taking a quiet drink of it before setting it down and continuing.

"I am sorry our operations engendered the concern they did, but I do hope to be able to answer any questions you may have, and clear the air on this matter? And, if time permits, I have a proposal that my Master bid I put forward that perhaps the Queen may find interest in?"
07-04-2019, 07:24 PM
"Well, let's start from the start then," the Chancellor replied. "Auresia entered the holding of a sovereign nation and then took over custody over it. Our government was not aware of any tension between your nations, nor the ambition to extend your colonial belongings. That raises three questions..."

Av Lårsten looked at her clerk. She decided to go halfway there.
"The first one is, why? We are assured there must have been a valid reason behind these actions, it is just that we are not made aware of any of these deliberations. I would appreciate it if the Right Honorable Lord could elaborate on that."

She moved on her chair, ceremoniously turned the ear of her teacup to the other side without lifting it or making an attempt to take a sip and then continued.
"Our second question is if this could not have been resolved in any other way."

She now sat back, making clear that she would be waiting with the third question after the Baron would have replied.

VITTMARK:"This mess is a place." --- FISKS:"Fisk you!"